The Victim Support DA Triage Service will accept referrals for any client over the age of 16, regardless of gender or background and will provide support whether or not the incidents have been reported to the Police. The service will carry out a needs assessment to identify individual requirements for support or assistance with issues arising from domestic abuse and aim to make referrals direct to local sources of support or advice. Contact Jenny (Team Leader) for more info or to refer send to: firstname.lastname@example.orgCall us Email us
Victim Support DA Triage Service
The Victim Support DA Triage Service aims to help reduce risk and harm to victims of domestic abuse* by providing clear pathways to the wide range of local support services available to individuals and families affected.
- To help prevent escalation and repeat of domestic abuse incidents.
- To increase awareness and utilisation of local services.
- To help increase successful outcomes for victims and their children.
- To increase confidence in reporting to the Police and other agencies.
The Triage Service will:
- Accept referrals for any client over the age of 16, regardless of gender or background.
- Provide support whether or not the incidents have been reported to the Police.
- Contact each client to carry out a needs assessment to identify individual requirements for support or assistance with issues arising from domestic abuse.
- Use DASH Risk Assessment process where support is required.
- Make referrals direct to local sources of support or advice.
- Utilise effective pathways with local agencies to ensure clients get the help they need at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide general safety planning advice and signposting information.
- Provide follow-up calls at agreed intervals to review client needs and check engagement.
- Actively seek service user feedback.
- Secure referrals to: email@example.com.
For more information about the service (or to refer using Egress Switch) contact:
Jenny Bull (Team Leader) on 01582 488777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal: Victim Support, DA Triage Service, 2nd Floor St Nicholas House, 15 - 17 George St, Luton, LU1 2AF
*Domestic Abuse is defined as any incident(s) of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (including psychological, physical, sexual, financial and emotional abuse) between those aged 16 or over who are, or who have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.
Download a referral form here
Free and confidential help to victims of crime (including domestic abuse, rape and sexual assault), witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected. The national SupportLine number is 0808 168 9111, and the number for the Regional Victim Assessment and Referral Centre (VARC) office covering Luton is below.Call us
Independent Domestic Violence Advisory Service for Luton providing free, independent and confidential support & advocacy for very high risk cases of domestic abuse or those where professional judgement is applied - referrals accepted from all statutory and non statutory agencies. Contact for advice or further details. Secure email address available for referrals.Call us Email us